Friday, October 3, 2008

Venice

Last weekend I went to Venice and it was a great time. I went with Adam, Erica, and Emily (all from OSU) as well as Alyssa (Illinois) and Kristen (Wisconsin). We woke up at 5:30 am so that we could catch a 7:00 am train, and arrived in Venice around 10:30 am. We walked around for a little bit and sat down at a restaurant to get some lunch. Everyone got pizza, which turned out to be just OK. After lunch we went on a gondola ride (mandatory in Venice!) and that was a lot of fun. It ended up being like €13 or €14 a person, and it was worth every penny. The rest of the afternoon we just sort of walked around Venice and enjoyed the town, going in all of the shops they have. Venice is known for it's glass goods, all of which were really cool. Adam and I were in this one shop and they had this amazing glass chessboard with really intricate glass pieces, one side being angels and the other side devils. Sadly, it was so cool that they could charge people €2200 for it, leaving a poor college kid like me empty handed. Adam and I also got the best hot chocolate I've ever had at a candy store, it was pretty much straight melted chocolate! My camera was out of battery for the trip, so I have no fun pictures to post.

The rest of this week has been pretty boring, just going to classes and whatnot. I had a presentation yesterday in my International Business Management class that took a lot of work, but it paid off because I think that we did really well. Economics of Globalization is turning out to be A LOT harder than I thought it was going to be, everything that she talks about is pretty much over my head. I'm pretty sure that it will only be like that for the materialy we're covering right now, so it should get easier later in the course. Intro to the Legal System is boring and easy.

I'm beginning to book flights for my 2 week break. Not sure if I've mentioned it before, but I'll be going to Madrid, then Barcelona, followed by Dublin and London. So far I have from Barcelona to Dublin booked and Dublin to London. The only flights I have left to book are from Milan to Madrid and London to Milan. I'll be taking a train from Madrid to Barcelona. I also just booked a trip to go to Amsterdam from November 13-17. It's a lot of money, but I figure that I'm not going to be back here for awhile so it's worth it!

As for now, I leave to go to Munich for Oktoberfest in 3 hours, so I'll be back sometime next week with some crazy stories from that!

No comments: